Friday, July 3, 2009

A Simple Telephony Transmitter Tester

Yesterday I built the Simple Telephony Transmitter Tester by Steve Hartley G0FUW found in Hot Iron issue 64. I built it on a perfboard with copper islands. The circuit is a simple audio oscillator often used for morse code practice. I intend to use the tester to align the Brendon transceiver that I've built.

The problem is that I can't get it to oscillate! I might have blown the BC212 transistor as I didn't bother to get my ESD protection mat and wrist strap from the basement. Luckily I ordered more than one BC212 so I will replace it and check if that was the problem.

Hot Iron is the newsletter of Tim Walfords Construction Club. You will find the website of Walford Electronics at http://walfordelectronics.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment